Three years have passed since my memorable trip to Fiji in 2010. While it was a trip of a lifetime, I hope to not have it be the trip of a lifetime for the rest of my life. What I mean by that is that I want to create new “trip of a lifetime” experiences as I continue my journey through life rather than hanging on to memories of an event from three years ago, five years… ten years. Or if I am in a non-travel mode as I’ve been for about two years now, to create “time of my life” experiences where ever I am, what ever I’m doing.
I still enjoy reading about other people’s travels to Fiji, or who have it on their bucket list to travel to Fiji.
It is the local people who make a destination a home. I’ll visit Fiji again because I now have family in a little village on the Sigatoka River.
Going to Fiji was one of Lesley’s bucket list items. Lesley writes,
Some people create a bucket list because they are dying; I created one because I want to live.
Check out her blog. I think she’s living well.
- Biggest Baddest Bucket List Interview (stephrockwest.com)
- Seven Questions With Lesley Carter (geekalabama.com)
- The Grandest Bucket List Adventure of All! (delightfulldash.com)
- Special Guest: Lesley Carter of Bucket List Publications (regimcclain.wordpress.com)
- Snakes, Sharks, and Planes: Lesley Carter of Bucket List Publications Encourages Us To Dream BIG (jillarcherauthor.wordpress.com)