I keep seeing these pop up on Facebook. A friend posts an image with a caption to the effect, What’s the first word you see? I know you’ve seen them too.
Some variations state that the first three words you see are what you want in life, or what you’ll have more of in 2013.
I’ve seen people respond with words like Knowledge, Love, Family. And I do see those words.
But to be honest, the first word I see is AFCDEF. I imagine that what this says about me is that 2013 will be about a search for meaning.
Now some of you may be thinking, you’re supposed to look for real words.
To that I respond, Dammit Jim, I’m a writer, not a… well dammit Jim, I’m a writer. As such, I have a unique relationship with language. That’s part of the terms and conditions that I accepted when I received my Writer’s License. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
Now if you’ll excuse me. I’ve visiting my parents; my mom made some delicious UKPQCC and I’m going to have some now.
- Six Word Fridays: LIFT (fibromodem.wordpress.com)
- Words, Words and More Words – What is Really Being Said? (authormccloskeyspeaks.wordpress.com)
- Letters of Note: I like words (angieinspired.wordpress.com)
- Bad Grammar Make Bestest Password, Research Say (Slashdot) (news.slashdot.org)
- One Little Word (scrappingwonders.com)
- 10 Interesting Language Facts (todayifoundout.com)
- Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia (crimsonprose.wordpress.com)